The Be Well Chiropractic
Team is Here to Help You
Congratulations! You are having a tiny little baby! We are so excited for you. This may be your first or your sixth, but you still have to grow it; which can be hard work on your body.
I find there are distinct differences between ‘first baby’ moms and moms who are on their second or more.
If you are a ‘first baby’ mom please do enjoy the fact that you have time for naps and take them! Use this first pregnancy to be as healthy and rested as you can be and build yourself up. Also know that 10 out of 10 times, I hear from mothers that they “wished they had known about chiropractic for pregnancy”. I am going to address the most common issues below that will be new for you. I will also tell you this: it is true; you will never be the same person once that baby is born. So also use this time to understand you are important and good and this baby loves you unconditionally. He or she does not care what you weigh or what your past was or if you feel good about yourself. They love you. This is a time to build yourself up.
Moms with two or more: I would tell you the same thing of course. With the maturity that parenting brings; you must also really know to put yourself back on the list at all. Your health actually directly affects the health of your family. So the time you take for your health and well-being is, in fact, the best thing you could do.
- Low back and sciatic pain: Please see these under the What We Do page. The reason that you are having these symptoms, however, is because your body is changing rapidly and in an uncontrollable way. Yes. Chiropractic is the safest, best form of healthcare to address these complaints. It is safer than Tylenol or Advil. We at Be Well Chiropractic understand you are going to be protective of your belly. That is why we walk you through the adjustment and why you have the ‘veto’ power for us to use the activator tool on a ‘protective’ day.We do not adjust over the baby or the fundus (top of the uterus). In fact, There are pillow type devices to allow us to do so and we are highly against it. We are very conservative and utilize many different body positions to adjust you, that do not put pressure on the baby.
- Bladder symptoms: peeing all the time or chronic infections. I wish it were as easy as saying the baby is sitting on your bladder. While it is not untrue it is not the problem until the very end of your pregnancy. You should not be peeing all the time! It means your pelvis and sacrum are stuck in the forward position, agitating the nerves to give you that horrible pee sensation without really needing to go. The way to adjust this is actually to ‘pull the sacrum back’. If you get a traditional chiropractic low back adjustment it will not help. Dr. Gregory Hutti, my husband and I are very specific about pregnancy adjustments. You need to sleep; it is vital that you get this under control.
- Waddling: You should not be waddling. You need chiropractic adjustments to get your sacrum and pelvis in line, thus giving the baby more room to move and proper biomechanics to your spine.
- Neck and upper back pain: You may have this either during pregnancy because of a growth spurt in your breasts or from nursing. We adjust you and reset your body to help you manage the pain and reduce it during this time.
- A special technique. Webster: Dr. Janelle F Hutti loves Webster technique because it is bio mechanically correct. I pair this with what is also called Basic technique for the sacrum and pelvis. We are Nationally and TN Board Certified to provide chiropractic care for patients including pregnancies and pediatrics. We at Be Well are continually reading, educating ourselves, getting our continuing education and practicing on each other to perfect our methods. In fact, we often co-care which provides you with two separate opinions at no additional cost. It also helps us work as a team if you have a complicated case. This gives you the best outcome. Our purpose is to provide chiropractic for the rest of our lives and that will not change.
- Sleep: Can’t help you there. But being in alignment, out of pain, and not having to pee all the time will only help sleep.
- Turning babies: We do Not turn babies and are fully against it. This would be the job of an ob or midwife during delivery if it is necessary. The reason is this. We are conservative because there is no greater Power than the healing and innate system of the body to know Why your baby is Not turned. What if it is in that position because the cord is wrapped around its neck or another body part? No ultrasound can fully give you comfort on this. We perform the Webster, Basic, and manual chiropractic techniques as well as coaching through inversions. It is about your body being healthy and trusting there is a reason that little baby is not turning.
- You can have a well-functioning body during pregnancy.
In fact, Dr. Janelle F. Hutti opened the second branch of Be Well Chiropractic in Physician’s Plaza at the Williamson Hospital Complex to be more convenient for you! Really! I am accessible so that you may piggyback your greater Nashville OB appointments with natural chiropractic care. If you are in the Spring Hill and Maury County area; I always say: Dr. Greg is my chiropractor and I am very picky.
The difference for your life is: What do you do with this? What is the Quality of Life that you want to have? Who is on Team You? At Be Well Chiropractic, we work with the three causes of stress and pain in the body: Physical, Mental, Emotional. Is the cause of all your stress and pain still there? It is about getting the spine in line and also being your health coach to Live a better Quality of Life: Call Mason at BE Well Chiropractic Franklin TN and Be Well Chiropractic Spring Hill TN: 615-302-2798. Dr. Gregory Hutti and Dr. Janelle Hutti are here to help get you out of pain and improve your quality of life.
REVIEWS FROM PATIENTS
“(My experience) has been amazing and I have formed a wonderful relationship with both doctors. They continue to research how to show me more exercises and treatment plans to help strengthen my body.”
“My body has adjusted better as time has gone by and feels very flexible and strong doing long days at work.”
“I’ve gotten a lot better and have learned how to take care of my own body with stretches and exercises Dr. Janelle has given me specifically for my body type.”
“I would recommend not just seeing a chiropractor, but seeing Dr. Janelle. She’s knowledgeable and thorough and will give you the best plan to bring you into a healthier lifestyle”
“I loaded up on Tylenol and other pain medications and tried getting frequent massages, which only provided temporary relief. I was always in pain and stiff.”
“I absolutely love this office and staff. Dr. Greg gave me a great program of treatments and exercises (and) I started to feel relief after the very first session.”
“Chiropractic should be in one’s priority list, just as taking vitamins and eating healthy. A must try, as you may not know how much better you can feel. Depending on the issue, I strongly feel chiropractic care is important to feeling healthy and staying active.”
“I was kind of scared of the adjustments but I figured chiropractic care was the only medical care that could “fix” the problem. Dr. Hutti was very kind and good about explaining what was going on in a clear way that was easy to understand for an average person with no medical background.”
“(Dr. Hutti) recommended continued adjustments to re-align the vertebrae, daily exercises to keep movement and to strengthen my muscles, to hold vertebrae in the correct position.”
“I am so thankful for their knowledge and help!”
Anna starting coming to Be Well Chiropractic with lung complications due to cystic fibrosis. She was having middle back pain mainly due to coughing. She has “always been a huge fan of chiropractic care when it comes to keeping (her) immune system at its strongest.”
“Dr. Janelle has been a huge factor and partner in my health. When your body is aligned right it can heal itself so much easier. I think chiropractic care is crucial to my health and quality of life.”
Since seeing Dr. Janelle her “breathing has become much easier and more free.”
“I am better now than when I first came. I continue to get/feel better with every visit. I am learning things that I believe will allow me to stay healthy for a very long time.”
“I find that going to Dr. Greg was very helpful. I tried everything else (and) nothing seemed to help. My headaches are gone. I would recommend trying Dr. Greg. It does work.”
Her first impression of chiropractic, this office, and the doctor was that “Dr. Janelle has a holistic approach that will have long-term benefits.” She was “very impressed with her knowledge and her approach.”
Since seeing Dr. Janelle, Lauren has gained back her range of motion in her neck and back. The numbness in her leg has gone away, the pain in her rib has lessened, and she no longer has headaches.
“I would recommend improving your lifestyle habits such as diet, physical activity, and chiropractic care.”
“I feel that this is a life-changing practice and that (chiropractic) is necessary for a healthy life.”
“(I) feel so much better and the pain is practically gone.”